- The product has been operating on the market for quite a long period and acquired a bunch of useful functions during this time, you can access more details following this link: grammarly
- Beautiful modern design
- No possibility to test the software and to see whether you are ok with the result
- It is obligatory to have a subscription, the price for which starts from 11.66 per month. According to the website’s statement, you can get your money back if the software does not meet your expectations
- No way to contact support representative via skype, email or phone, only through the follow-up form
Smallseotools is one of the most popular and the world’s most visited free plagiarism detection Apart from plagiarism detection feature, the product has a wide range of the following useful tools: keyword Rank Checker, Grammar Checker, Website SEO Score Checker etc.
- The biggest plus of the product is that you don’t have to pay anything, it is free.
Nevertheless, I could identify the following disadvantages:
- Firstly, the present website design is far from perfect. It is an obvious point that this portal makes money by means of advertising and, therefore, it affects the product and causes its poor functionality
Unplag is a Ukrainian company, which has developed its unique content checking system.
- Unlike other systems, Unplag puts an emphasis on collecting the information from Bing, which is really great as for me. For that matter, a vast majority of plagiarism control systems could not reveal data sources. Moreover, Unplag allows for obtaining the results without any registration on the website but in a limited mode, which is also tremendous and proves that the software was developed in a user-friendly and smart way. The availability of different languages definitely adds value to the product.
- I could not manage to generate and download the report and the page was loading continuously.
- To begin with, the website offers a possibility to get a free trial plagiarism check. In accordance with my comparative analysis, the obtained results are aligned with other platforms and, after all, a sophisticated modern design of the website is a cherry on top.
- Scanning speed is as slow as molasses and advertising banners are attracting attention away.
Plagscan is a plagiarism checker, which has been in the network for a long time and is viewed to be a proficient content control software as compared to its countertypes.
- Possibility to scan text and get the results without registration, but, unfortunately, in a confined mode. If you wish to access more functions, you will need to register on the website.
- The user area is produced in the height of fashion with the option to download a report in PDF format and possibility to print it out at once.
- Old-fashioned design of the front page and a small number of articles in the blog. We would most like if Plagscan, with all its features, was more eye-catching and up-to-date.
- Visually pleasing design
- You cannot upload a txt. format files (I work with a notebook mostly) and the minimum amount of words to scan should be at least 250
- You can upload a text for checking it but the results will be available after you make a payment
I would describe this resource as a juicy website with an advanced and exciting design.
- Possibility to scan a text for free after filling in a simple and fast registration form.
- Possibility to scan document formats such as DOCX and TXT
- “Check Plagiarism via Webpage UR” function did not work
- No possibility to place a report in a separate file
- According to the platform’s creators, en.writecheck possesses a biggest database and the best plagiarism checking system. Pitifully, I could not see it for myself but the fact that the website has been operating since 1998 inspires trust and, furthermore, as I can deduct, it is Turnitin’s partner.
- The program does not offer a free trial and the price for 1 page starts from $7.95.
- Old school design.
- Possibility to get a free trial
- Polylingualism of the website makes it available for users who speak different languages all over the world.
- There are two ways of checking the content at your disposal: standard (Quick Search) and more profound check (Deep Search)
- The website was working very slowly from my side
- More innovative design would be a great advantage.
Finally yet importantly, I would like to share my impressions about Copyscape. Copyscape is not an innocuous-looking plagiarism checker, but the website that helps to prevent your content from being plagiarized and is more reasonable for business related proposes rather than education domain. I recommend that you watch a short but comprehensive video about this product on the following link youtube
Thank you very much for your time and should you have any questions I do not hesitate to contact me!
A SHORT GUIDE TO REWRITING
Most students still resort to plagiarism simply because they did not learn how to rewrite. That is understandable: if one has little time and desire to delve into the material, it is much easier to copy than retell. However, with a growing popularity of Turnatin and other plagiarism detectors, it became impossible for indolent students to remain uncaught on plagiarism (unless their professor is in his nineties). Therefore, the only way to survive through college or university and get a degree is to train one’s rewriting skill properly.
In this article, I have collected the toolkit of the most useful techniques that one can use in order to make a good rewrite and avoid being caught on plagiarism. Here are my recommendations:
At first, read the whole text (or the whole part of it that you need to rewrite). Obviously, it will be easier to retell the text if you understand its meaning.
Change sentence structure. The simplest rule. Use inversion, change active tense to passive tense (Urbanists develop the city => The city is developed by urbanists), passive tense to active tense, verbs to nouns (What I wrote => My writing), interchange the clauses of a sentence where possible.
Use synonyms wherever possible, but be careful to pick a semantically appropriate word, always check with the context. Be creative. If you cannot find a synonym, you can use an antonym with the particle “not”. It is always a good idea to replace a normal verb with a phrasal verb and vice versa.
Replace examples, comparisons and other subjective parts to analogical. Use your own experience or imagination.
Change the inner logic of the text without ruining the logic of the thought. You don’t have to be Hegel to master that technique. One thing to remember is that you have to make a slight change to the whole message of the text, tell a story from a different point of view or point in time. For example, here is a story that I have to rewrite:
Bobby was bad at math, but good at writing. His father wanted him to become an economist and was not willing to pay for any other kind of education. However, Bobby wanted to become a journalist. When Bobby graduated from school, he decided to take a gap year and started writing a blog about his travelling. His blog soon became very popular and began to make a profit, so that Bobby himself was able to pay for his studies at the Faculty of Journalism. His father is now proud of him.
And here is how I change its inner logic:
Bobby is a popular blogger and a promising journalist, his parents’ pride and joy. He became such not because of, but rather in spite of the wishes of his parents. His father always wanted him to conquer the world of finances, although Bobby had no aptitude for mathematics at all. It took a lot of courage for Bobby to defend his interests and not give in to his father. It had him only to make this decision as life itself led him in the right direction. Bobby’s way to protest – his travelling blog – gave him a financial opportunity to become a student of the Faculty of Journalism.
The first version of the text is a chronological story, while the second one is a story with an explicit morality, which begins from the fact in the present and the statement that needs to be proven and then continues with its proof, which is a narrative in the past. Thus, refocusing and shifting a perspective helped us to change the paragraph structure significantly. Reorganization of a paragraph structure is a very effective method to trick a plagiarism detector.
Play with transition words. As you change structure of sentences and paragraphs, you will need to replace original transition words with new ones that are more appropriate. Think situationally, use intuition and let transition words serve as anchors for you rewriting.
There are two main ways to use rewriting. One is when you borrow the ideas of others and rewrite them as your own (mostly for essays). Another one is when you rewrite the sources with indication to whom you refer (for the majority of academic papers). Even if you did a good job in rewriting, but did not mention the name of the author who inspired your ideas, you’d better use a plagiarism checker before pressing a “send” button. If a plagiarism checker detects the source that you used, you have to either work more on paraphrasing or refer to the author.
Remember that it is much better to be revealed as a rewriter of other people’s ideas than as an academic thief. Terms and doctrines are usually rigidly connected to the names of their authors, so your attempt to appropriate them will look particularly ridiculous.